Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Can you still get Sailor Moon merchandise at anime conventions?

I stopped by a local anime con on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised to see many of the vendors had Sailor Moon merchandise! In past years, the ONLY Moon-related things I could ever find were custom items like pins. I even got something I've been wanting for awhile!



At least half of the vendors were selling these at various prices. I also saw keychains (Irwin and bootleg), a 6" Sailor Venus doll, a bootleg plush, collectors cards as well as some other small items. So what's in the box?



A Sailor Moon mug!



I've had a DBZ mug for ages and use it all the time, but somehow never got a Sailor Moon one. So I was happy to find this.

Last time I went to an anime convention, it was Anime Boston and they had more than a few Sailor Moon items, even some rarer dolls.. BUT they were all pretty overpriced. Seeing an influx of things at my local con made me pretty happy. Do you all ever find good Sailor Moon items at anime conventions? Do you buy things there, or is it too overpriced?

7 comments:

Sakky said...

Hehe so cute! :D I have found a few things at conventions before. Best ever was Animazement last year: this guy had TONS of rare and hard to find SM merch at AWESOME prices. I bought a ton of gashapon, the DX2 set, and my Eternal Tier. He had Amazoness dolls, beauty change dolls, wands, pluhies - it was heaven. All reasonably priced too! I spent $235 hahahahaha T_T

Occasionally I see the long faced Irwin dolls, especially the 6" ones. The Irwin keychains (Merc, Mars and Venus) floating around. I've also come across a few posters and the manga reprint seems to be out and around. I got a really nice 1000 Edition print at Otakon 08 for $14.

Sakky said...

PS. Are you going to AB this year? I'm in the artist alley :D

Holly said...

Wow, those are AMAZING finds! You're so lucky!

Yes! I am planning on going ^_^ What are you going to be selling and when? I'll stop by!

糟糕啦 said...

責人之心責己,恕己之心恕人。.........................

Stilista said...

I want that mug! It's so cute! I can never find SM stuff around here anymore :(

tree said...

志不立,天下無可成之事。........................................

Senshi said...

I got that same mug last year at otakon! I used it as a display, well its in the box. XD