Thursday, February 26, 2009

Public Service Announcement: Rude seller alert

First of all, I'm sooooo sorry I haven't been around x_x I haven't abandoned this, I swear! I've just been busy, and the more I put off update, the more guilty I feel, so I don't update or read. It's a vicious cycle. Plus, I'm back at school now...

Anyway, onto the point of this post. There is a seller on Craigslist and (I think) eBay who goes by the name Rich Roth. He often posts in the LA Craigslist classifieds about his rare Bandai toys and dolls for sale. I have seen several other people complain about this guy, so I figure I should add my experience and help warn people.

First of all, his item prices are very high. Hundreds of dollars for SuperS wands, $200 for a common Chibimoon doll. Of course, this isn't a crime in itself. But when people point out how high his prices are, he tends to get really mad. REALLY mad. Here's an email I received back from him after saying thanks, but no thanks on an overpriced doll:

WELL THAT PROVES THAT YOU REALLY DONT KNOW THE VALUE OF THESE RARE BANDAI TOYS!! YOU NEED TO EITHER GO TO JAPAN OR CHECK OUT EBAY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF WHAT PRICES THESE RARE ITEMS BRING!!!!! JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I WAS IN JAPAN A FEW WEEKS AGO AND A SUPER S WAND SOLD FOR $1000 US DOLLARS AND IT WAS OUT OF THE BOX

Yeah, somehow I doubt that Rich.

I'm not the only one who has dealt with this bad attitude, though. Sakky wrote about a similar experience here, and I've seen other accounts of him flipping out on potential buyers in other Sailor Moon communities I'm in.

Even if you did have good prices, this is not the way to get buyers, Rich!

No comments: