Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Shelves for displaying your Sailor Moon collection

I went shopping at Ikea last Saturday with my boyfriend. I usually hate going to furniture stores, but I really enjoyed looking around Ikea. I didn't buy anything, but I did see something I'd like to have - these glass shelves:

Since my collection in Oklahoma is currently in the back of a closet, I think these would be a great way to display stuff. They're not very expensive - they're $60, making them cheaper than most Sailor Moon dolls! You can also install a light in the top, if you are so inclined.

Ideally, I would really like to have a nice wooden curio cabinet with glass sides, or even just a glass front like what my parents have. I think that's kind of out of my budget, though.. not to mention inconvenient right now.

How do you display your Sailor Moon stuff?

If you could choose anything, how would you display your Sailor Moon collection?

4 comments:

~CyCyN~ said...

OOOhhh!!!! I actually like that display thingie, it's really simple and without any major details that would distract the eye from the dolls. xDD

If I could display my stuff in any way (and not worry about my nieces' and nephews' curious hands) I would have chose something precisely like this, maybe bigger, but same concept. Lots of glass and shelves XD

Holly said...

Yeah, that's what I like too! One reason I liked Ikea was because they just have really simple stuff. Not in a bad way.

Hmm, maybe you should get one of those that has a lock on it.. XD

Bunnylove_29 said...

in fact, i display my collection on shelves but they are not beautiful. I put my plushes on wall too.

I would love to have a entire room for Sailor Moon with beautiful display cases

Jo said...

Right now they're just on a bookshelf, but we happen to have an inset in our room that we've always meant to do something with. So once the shelves are finished with the clear coat, I'm going to be putting my Sailor Moon stuff on there.